Chatfield Farms - a farm, a garden and an open space...
Chatfield Farms, among many activities here grows seven acres of vegetables, flowers and fruit along the banks of Deer Creek in Jefferson County. The land has been in agricultural production since 1866, restoring its heritage in many different ways is our vision.
Our mission of continuing to foster a resilient farm by building soil health, restoring the creek and native grasslands is carried out by creating a community centered around food and nature.
“When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect… the relationships between people and land are intertwined: care for people cannot be separated from care for the land".
A land ethic is a moral code of conduct that grows out of these interconnected caring relationships. - Aldo Leopold’s Land Ethic
News from the Farm
- 2017 CSA Share Options April 19, 2017
- Farm Stand - Hours, Locations and History April 18, 2017
- Five Points Fermentation April 10, 2017
- The Balanced Belly Share! April 10, 2017
- Career Opportunities April 6, 2017
- New recipe: Palestine Soup March 28, 2017
- New recipe: Carrot Ginger Salad Dressing March 28, 2017
- New recipe: Winter Veggie Bowls March 28, 2017
- New recipe: Bedient Farms' Corned Beef Recipe! March 28, 2017
- New recipe: Homemade Flour Tortillas March 28, 2017