2013 Shares are on sale NOW!
2013 Shares are on sale NOW!
Yes, it’s true! Chatfield CSA Shares are now on sale for the 2013 season! As a 2012 shareholder you have the opportunity to renew your share prior to any new shares being sold. The deadline to renew your share (January 3) is coming up quick, so act fast to be sure to reserve your place in the program for next year. The CSA team is very excited about this coming season for a number of reasons. Please read through the following for more information regarding next year’s program.
- The CSA will not be growing in size this year! We are sticking with the same shareholder size and same acreage so we can assure that the quality of both the produce and the distribution experience remains excellent.
- Kaiser Permanente has agreed to help fund the CSA program for one more year! We are extraordinarily grateful to them and their support of the program. Their contribution will be slightly less than in past years, which is why we have had to increase our share prices and add new sources of revenue to help support the program. The CSA Staff will continue to seek out funding opportunities for beyond 2013 to help maintain the current size and success of the program.
- Crop varieties will be slightly narrowed down based on shareholder responses from the 2012 season so that we can focus on the favorites and reduce the not-so-favorite crops (turnips)!
- We’ve added additional share options this year! You can now purchase all local, gourmet and mostly organic choices for eggs, coffee, bread and mushrooms in addition to your vegetables. I can’t wait to have my first locally roasted cup of Pablo’s coffee (offered at a much reduced price from the retail cost) with a slice of cranberry walnut bread! We will continue to offer fruit, honey and fresh cut bouquets as well. You can purchase these items now when you buy your vegetable share or add them on later before the season begins.
- Canning and Preserving Classes will be available earlier in the season so you can get a jump on preserving your produce for the winter. The new Chatfield class line-up for 2013 will be available closer to the beginning of the season so stay tuned.
- We are looking to create a “Volunteer Event Committee” to help with the planning and implementation of our monthly CSA potlucks and other events. Please email us at: email@example.com if you are interested in helping out and having some fun!
- The CSA staff is looking forward to hosting more events in general this year including “Weed Dating” (a farmer’s version of Speed Dating), Local Food Film Nights, and other farm dinner events. We have had a generous donation from the Denver Botanic Gardens’ Herb Guild that will allow us to build an Outdoor Kitchen in the washstand area which will allow us to host more classes and events. The Farm Open House will again be available this year for people to come and see the farm at the beginning of the season.
Existing shareholders, please note that your renewal period is from December 3 – January 3 to purchase your share with just $100 down. On Jan. 7, we will release any available shares to our waitlist (we have over 120 people on the waitlist!) and we will not be able to guarantee your place for the 2013 season. Shares will then be released to the general public in mid-January. If you need to break the total payment into smaller payments, you may do so in 3 additional equal payments or pay in full.
We can’t wait to once again adorn our kitchen tables with the bounty of the farm, and we hope to see many familiar faces in 2013. If you are interested in our volunteer options, have purchasing questions, or other concerns please don’t hesitate to contact us! Send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org